The simplicity of syrups still baffles me and more people need to get on this. The possibilities are virtually limitless, and you can throw it into anything. I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll mention it again, they are great for brines, marinades, coffees, cocktails, and so much more. So do yourself a favour and take a quick 5 minutes to throw this recipe together, because believe me, you won’t regret it.
The natural pairing of Chai and Cardamom is the key element in the Strawberry Chai Mule. Follow the instructions below, and make sure to comment on your favourite ways to use this syrup!
Chai Cardamom Syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 10 Cardamom Pods slightly crushed
- 2 bags Chai Tea
- In a small saucer, turn the heat to high and lightly toast the cardamom pods
- Once you start to smell the aromas of the cardamom, add the water and sugar and bring to a boil (be sure not to burn the cardamom)
- Once it starts to boil, place the chai tea bags and bring the temperature down to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a funnel pour the syrup into a container (ensure that the tea bags and cardamom are discarded), and let this sit until it reaches room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
This syrup can be refrigerated for 2 weeks.