Today christmas comes early. We have a delicious cupcake recipe, AND cocktail, both with Grand Marnier. Grand Marnier is unique for a number of reasons, and its versatility in cocktails and desserts, make this product an essential part of your bar and home.
Now I will be completely frank, the cupcake recipe comes from the infamous Bobbette and Belle’s book, because they are incredible and a MUST have reference for any baker. So I will not be spoiling their cupcake recipe, because you just need to buy the book. On the other hand, the icing is my own version of their Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream with Grand Marnier.
A bubbly dessert paired perfectly with Grand Marnier
- 3/4 oz Raisin-infused Vodka
- 1/2 oz Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 4 oz Sparkling Wine
- 1 zest Orange
In a shaker, pour first 3 items and shake
Strain into martini glass and top with sparkling of choice
I am forever grateful for the talented team that introduced me to Raisin-Infused Vodka. Believe me, you can drink this stuff by the gallons (although I don’t recommend that in one sitting…). Infusing a spirit is effortless, just throw a bunch in a sterile container, away from light and heat and voila you have FLAVOUR! You can easily drink this on the rocks as well, so don’t feel as if you are “wasting” vodka. Just place 1 part Raisin to 2 parts Vodka in a mason Jar and leave this in the container for a week and strain.
Hazelnut Frosting with Grand Marnier
If icing weren't tempting enough, we have Grand Marnier and hazelnut to spice up the mix!
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pound Unsalted Butter cut into 1-inch cubes, room temp
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of hazelnut chocolate
- 3 oz Grand Marnier
Chop and make sure there are no large pieces of hazelnut and have it melted and cooled before starting (I blitz mine to a fine grind)
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar over a heatproof bowl placed over simmering water until the candy thermometer reads 140 F
- Pour the egg white and sugar mixture into stand mixer with the whisk attached. On medium-high speed, whisk until doubled in volume and holds medium peaks, 8-10 minutes
- Adjust the speed to low and add the butter one piece at a time until combined while increasing speed slightly.
- With medium speed, add the Vanilla Extract and Grand Marnier until combined for about a minute.